Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Das Kind Mit Dem Bade Ausschütten




I seemed to stirred such respond regarding my current Facebook pruning. Some might get such impression that I hate the people that I just currently unfriended. Well to be honest, I was doing it for the opposite reason of it. I respect those people.

I restrict my younger sister, my father and lecturers from seeing my updates in their feed, but they still able to see it in my timeline. What would they take me for if they saw me cursing and swearing in my updates? Wouldn’t that just upset them?

“What is this person I brought up?”
“What is this student I taught?”
“What is this figure I looked up for?”

What will they do if they saw all the stupid stuff in your status. Whenever I’m thinking of writing a status, I will stop and ponder a bit, is this what I want those people to see me as? But sometimes my judgment has its own subsidize lapses.

While my fellow batchmate in goldrush hurry to add lecturers in their FB, I am doing quite the opposite. I decline to approve not even requesting. Not that I am this ungrateful son of a mother, I just don’t want them to see me beyond the impression they already taken me for. What if I update such offending status or picture, that will forever change how they look at me.

You see, I removed most of my relatives, I even declined their requests. Not that I am too drunk on my high-horse that I look down on them, but I think I will not want them to see me like this? Not yet? I am not somebody yet, I’ll let them see me when I am finally someone. I admit it stir such jealousy on me of how far their lives has progress, owning properties and progenies. I can’t say that I don’t feel the tickle when I saw their cute little monsters’ pictures constantly appearing in my feed. Save yourself a heartbreak. You know you can’t hide them forever. Remove them. Add them back when you are ready.  

Some might just say. Why don’t you just not updating annoying stuff? Well what if I told you why don’t you just ask duck not to quack? It’s just the nature of me, built-in annoying app operating on upgraded OS of bluntness. I took a pinch of hypocrite and lots of unfiltered honesty, (though they’ll most likely mix as oil in water, but in time with such additive they’ll form an emulsion in harmony *I lost myself in my own analogy*) for me to thrive in social network such Facebook. I’m not looking to be popular, I thrived in small familiar community. Even that I need to spring cleaned every once a while. Not that you are dirt or unwanted stuff to be removed, you just some stuff you want to give away to those who can appreciate it better. Stuff that matter.

So please don’t be offended if you’ve been unfriended by me, why bother, it’s not like I am a celebrity or something. I’m just 1/1000 of a tiny dot in a satellite view. A primate. You sure will treasure hundreds or thousands other friends in your friendlist. So I urge you, if you find I am annoying in you FB, be you are my good or best acquaintance, please remove me if you think it’ll decluttered you mind. I will totally understand, no heartfeeling. Please do not sacrifice your sanity just to spare my feeling. Put yourself first, if you think that somebody’s updates constantly irate you, remove them. Why keep it around just because you are friend in real life.    

Yes I do unfriend people out of annoyance, save myself a thorn cut. But I mostly remove them because I don’t want to bother them of the annoyance I elicit myself.

Some may say, “Dude, chill. It’s just Facebook. Don’t be too serious. Get a life.”

Well, Arab Spring Revolution and similar movement afterward started in Facebook. I’ll say, it’s an alternative communication now like it or not. You’ll scream if your mobile phone fell down the toilet, do you just stand around and say, “Nah, it’s just an electronic.”





1 comment:

Nomad Melayu said...

Assalamualaikum,

Yeah, you're right.

Facebook is not just some virtual social network that you can joke around too much.

It have become a window to self, yet not many know how to interpret what being display. Not even the close ones sometimes.

Prevention from calamity. :)

nuff.nang

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...