Saturday, January 28, 2012

Go Girl Read Her

Sejak beberapa menjak ni, aku kurang bahagia menggunakan Google Reader disebabkan oleh beberapa turn-offs yang memborgol (mind you) kepalotak. Selepas update application ni beberapa bulan yang lalu for the sake of what they say as ‘minor bug fix’ and ‘now can see favicons’ hoopla, I think they just introduce a new annoyance to that application yang dahulunya worked perfectly for me that it prompted me to write THIS entry.


The one thing that annoyed me the most is that it gave you a false sense of update. Dulu bila kita read a feed, its number will be automatically reduced or zeroed, and that entry will be un-bolded. Tapi sekarang ni, bile dah siap baca that feed, suddenly the number is still there and bolded as if there is another new update, padahal it was that same entry I just read, wadahel. I was tricked so many times if I am a stock broker I will be declared bankrupt. 


I’ve been using feedly as an alternative new feed reader. It’s a good, beautiful and fresh reader but not as user friendly as Google Reader. What I like about it is that it opens new feed within application and you don’t need to wait for another browser application to execute and load, just like Pulse. Heck I think I should just settle with Pulse if it’s not for it slow update retrieving. 


Feedly also give you feed preview in its main screen and show only latest update. But finding a feed is always a struggle and you have to touch multiple times just to read an entry or update. It is safe to say that its developer had bureaucracy in mind when he created this app. 

While looking for a good feed reader to come I might as well get myself used to heartbreaks and stick with love-hate relationship to Google Reader. After all it is my first reader that I have -what Facebook consider as- ‘complicated’ relationship with. 

Sigh!



p.s.: notice how this entry started with mixed language and ended up in English on entirety.
p.p.s: that last paragraph has its own hidden meaning.



No comments:

nuff.nang

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...