Friday, January 14, 2011

Artist Review: Jamie Woon

He plays guitar, he beatboxing, he has a gullible voice with a look to match. What am I bullshiting about? Well...JAMIE WOON anyone?



He has not yet an album to be frank but some singles will do fine for him to be placed under my musical map. Thumbs up for his originality, he has soul and at times R&B vibes. He reminds you of John Mayer on his early days. He has methodical and experimental singing, an unorthodox vocal technique and again (for emphasizing) this shizz can beatbox. Well...umh...who did he reminds me off? Oh yes, Regina Spektor, and KT Tunstall. Well, he is musically influenced by Tim Buckley what can I say.

His music style is non-contemporary with a gist of dark and non-Bjork style of eccentricities. Thus, tolerable. In short, he just love sounds and with that he make songs.











Well my personal favorite is this. Nuff' said.

No comments:

nuff.nang

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...