Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Album Review: Lissie - Catching A Tiger

Well, Lissie what can I say? I came to know her not long before she become matter. You will remember her haunting song I've placed in my playlist back in February last year 'Everywhere I Go'. I even featured her in my entry. Try dig into my archives. She was not much a recording artist then. She play her music live with her band and post those videos in YouTube just like any other discovered talents alike except that she started with gigs all around UK and not from a bedroom or home videos shat. She use YouTube just to promote her talent worldwide.

(DIVERSION START)
Remember Tay Zonday, Esmee Denters (her album sucks), Marie Digby (her album sucks too), Justin Bieber (she [sic] is a complete sucks in package for a lesbo, dang!), and Charice (her album half-sucks).
(DIVERSION END)

There's always a triad of songs I love at first impression for every new artists I just come to know, but for her it was quad; 'Everywhere I Go', 'Wedding Bells', 'In Sleep' and 'When I'm Alone'. Not so much of 'Little Lovin'

I subscribed to her channel 'lissiemusic' and watched her perform in 'tripwiredotcom'. She released her first album, 'Catching A Tiger' and most of my favorite songs are featured except for 'Wedding Bells'. I just love that song because it was written in a man's perspective. Of a wrecked sadness when the girl you love marry someone else. You are invited to the wedding and you came just to fantasized the man she married into is you. If I am to be that man, I'll be Bill and I'll massacre the whole ceremony Kill Bill Vol.2 style. Except that I wouldn't let the bride alive to revenge me. *Oh God I am wretched*

Here is some of the VCs I managed to legally embed. Take some time to listen. Her official channel didn't let viewers from outside UK and US from viewing them, which is too bad. But thank God for VEVO.

And also I embed 'Wedding Bells' live sessions. Tell me what you feel about it. Read its lyric and feel the calm sadness.

These are songs featured in Catching A Tiger according to track number. This album is totally awesome. I loooooveee every song but apart of the above-mentioned songs, I'd like to highlight you to 'Record Collector', 'Bully' and not forgetting 'Worried About' especially a bridge...

"Oh my heart, my heart's gonna break again
Oh my God, my God won't forsake again
Oh mercy, I want to be taken in
Oh mercy"

  1. Record Collector
  2. When I'm Alone
  3. In Sleep
  4. Bully
  5. Little Lovin'
  6. Stranger
  7. Loosen the Knot
  8. Cuckoo
  9. Everywhere I Go
  10. Worried About
  11. Look Away
  12. Oh Mississippi
  13. Needle Starts to Fall
  14. This Much I Know
MY VERDICT:
5 out of 5 stars and whole bunch of constellations.

I don't think they sell this album here, so by all means you can purchase it in iTunes or Amazon.com or you can illegally download it (I'm not encouraging you this).



I personally not too in love with this version though, it was kinda out there instead of dark, caged and haunting original version.



Tell me why her live version is always better than the recorded one. To many sophisticating process and this song rendered soul-less.





And finally this is the song I am talking about...WEDDING BELLS



VERSE 1
I have the invitation that you sent me
You wanted me to see you change your name
I couldn’t stand to see you wed another
But dear I hope you're happy just the same

CHORUS
Wedding bells are ringing in the chapel
Should be ringing out for you and me
Down the aisle with someone else you're walking
Wedding bells will never ring for me

VERSE 2
I planned a little cottage in the valley
I even bought a little band of gold
I thought someday I'd place it on your finger
Now the future looks so dark and cold

CHORUS 2
Wedding bells are ringin in the chapel
I hear the children laughing out with glee
At home alone I hang my head in sorrow
Wedding bells will never ring for me

BRIDGE
Ooh oohh ahhh oooh oooh
Ooh oohh ahhh oooh oooh
VERSE 3
I fancy that I see a bunch of roses
A blossom from an orange tree in your hair
As the organ plays I love you truly
Please let me pretend that its me there

CHORUS 3
Wedding bells are ringing in the chapel
Ever since the day you set me free
I always knew that you would wed another
But wedding bells will never ring for me
Wedding bells will never ring for me
Wedding bells will never ring for me



No comments:

nuff.nang

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...