Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Ashes and Snow by Gregory Colbert

It is phenomenal how pictures can silence your head. How it calmed you down and wrapped your mind in perfect tranquility. Gregory Colbert did just that with his Ashes and Snow Exhibition.



I found him by coincident upon Google-ing a picture for my upcoming entry. And I was mesmerized by his artwork. I was in my perfect silence enveloped by the magical power of his visual works.



Born in Toronto, Canada in 1960, Gregory Colbert is a film-maker and photographer best known as the creator of Ashes and Snow, an exhibition of photographic artworks and films housed in the Nomadic Museum.



“When I started Ashes and Snow in 1992, I set out to explore the relationship between man and animals from the inside out. In discovering the shared language and poetic sensibilities of all animals, I am working towards restoring the common ground that once existed when people lived in harmony with animals.”








VISIT HIS GALLERY HERE

No comments:

nuff.nang

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...