Monday, May 23, 2011

Album Review: Lady Gaga-Born This Way (2011)

Cov

It supposedly to be officially released on 23rd May 2011 (which is today while I’m writing it now). But who would want to wait long when you can easily get the full digital album as early as 18th May. I know it will spoiled all the fun in waiting.

Lady Gaga herself in her official Facebook page announced her singles in one by one, teasing and tempting us more and more. This girl really know marketing psychology and strategy damn well.

It all started in February this year, with ever-so-controversial first single Born This Way and its video clip followed by released of Judas and its most anticipated video clip, well at least I am the one who counted day for it to be released, (I have my Facebook status to prove). I downloaded Judas VC less than minutes after Lady Gaga announced it premiere. Next single released was Edge of Glory followed by Hair. And a leak of Marry The Night that readily available for preview in Farmville (I know right? She always presented with weird way of surprises). So far the waiting proved to be fruitful. Mother Monster never failed to deliver what she promised. A revolution and what she called as social baptism. She offended the churches alright, Christian leaders even likened her as devil. Well, this devil can fu**ing sing, Father, suck on that.

Here’s the tracks list.

  1. Marry The Night
  2. Born This Way
  3. Government Hooker
  4. Judas
  5. Americano
  6. Hair
  7. SchiBe
  8. Bloody Mary
  9. Bad Kids
  10. Highway Unicorn (Road 2 Love)
  11. Heavy Metal Lover
  12. Electric Chapel
  13. U&I
  14. The Edge of Glory

In addition of Deluxe Version

  1. Fashion of His Love
  2. Black Jesus (Amen Fashion)
  3. The Queen

The 2 CD Version

  1. Born This Way (Country Road Version)
  2. Judas (DJ White Shadow Remix)
  3. Marry The Night (Zedd Remix)
  4. ScheiBe (DJ White Shadow Mugler)
  5. Fashion of His Love (Fernando Garibay Remix)
  6. Born This Way (Jist and Naaf Remix)

My personal picks are Judas, Hair, The Edge of Glory, Marry the Night, SchiBe, Highway Unicorn (Road 2 Love).

I must tell you that her third album can never top off her first two, The Fame & The Fame Monster. These two are actually loaded with good stuffs. I mean seriously, you can actually listen to entire album without skipping tracks.

I know people wouldn’t take me having soft spot for Lady Gaga, but come on man, give me a break. She was a walking, talking and singing talent and creative fountain. She crosses all boundaries and all social conformities just to be free what she wants to be. She hijacked and gun-shotted those hypocrites.

Enough about the Illuminati conspiracy theory already. Music is music, stop being so tightened-up and restricted.

So yeah, these album was too techno for me, too experimental and disco-ey. She has a beautiful husky voice not to be hidden under fake electronic rearrangements. I mean, what is wrong with today’s music anyway? I missed her style in Speechless.

THE VERDICT: 3 and 1/2 stars

No comments:

nuff.nang

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...