Sunday, January 23, 2011

Janelle Monae will Kanye'd you in an Arcade Fire: The Review


Well here it is. A combo value of reviews. So hate me. Hahaha.


Arcade Fire - The Suburbs

It was mundane and monotonous and vocally unchallenge-ing ...in a good way. What else do you expect from an Alternative/Indie Rock band? There are only two reason why they remained indie at a first place; either they are not cut up to it or just too good for mainstream. I bet my money on the latter. When you already got a hang of Franz Ferdinand, these might be the right band to keep that Britishy indie mood on. Fit enough for an indie royalty family. This is my sadomasochistic acoustic journey.

What I love about this album is, you couldn't care less for vocal interception when you just too in love with their mild stapedial insult of theatrical music. There's to much 'suburbs' in their lyric. Hence?

I have to admit, I hate this albums when I first listened to it. But, hey what have I told you of 'Rule of Third', it is that third spin that'll do the magic. I loooove em' ever since.



My Personal Favorites:
The Suburbs
Ready to Start
Rococo
Suburban War
Sprawl I (<--love this a lot)

(well if I continue listing all my favorite tracks, it will mean an entire album). Damn! I love them soo much).

Buy it or steal or kill somebody who bought it. Or you can just BTJunkie'd it? Jeez.


Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Kanye! Kanye! Kanye!

What else can I say? He might've kanye'd Taylor Swift in that historical marking 2009 MTV VMA, but damn this fella is farking talented, not vocally though. He is one hella good of a rapper and collaborator since Timbaland. He makes me almost wanted to download Nicki Minaj (which I am still struggling with). Damn you Kanye! You bring out a Pop-Rap out of me. Well, if you are still angry with his infamous stunt, this album will hopefully redeemed him. I tell you this, if it is not because his wise choice of featured artists, this album was deemed to flop. Bon Iver collab-ing to Kanye West? Who would've thought? Nicki Minaj? So slit my wrist.

You should repeatedly listen to:
Dark Fantasy
All of The Lights (featuring Rihanna)
Monster

By the end of this review, I decided to download Nicki Minaj 'Pink Friday'. So hate me (<-- on defensive voice tone).



Remember Imani Coppola?

Gnarls Barkley?

Santogold?

Don't make me sad please...but Boboy? Tomok? Seriously? That is all in your playlist? You know during my high school years, it is a great insult to be called that 'T' word, I mean people seriously became murderous when they were nicknamed Tomok. And nobody want to hang with a bunch of friends and be called Boboy band? I mean seriously? You can call them Niger they'll settled.

Well those latter two are not at all related to this review. I'll voluntarily blot clot my carotid if I am to be forced to write about them.

Janelle Monae, a definiton of Neo-Soul or Dance-Rock. Her style kinda like Santogold and Imani Coppola rather than Gnarls Barkley or Outkast. Remember Santogold 'Say Aha'? Well...let me re-put that in my playlist. And...and...and...Imani Coppola 'Raindrops from The Sun'? Well...that brings back memories ain't it.

Well Janelle is a breath of fresh air. A break from all those depressing British band. The Depression Breaker I must say. She is sooooo super-freaking-talented and vocally mesmerizing since Lauryn Hill. Plus she is soooo cute. That piercing eyes, and big rows of white teeth well...did you know she can 'click' like a Swaziland or was she beatboxing.

I insist that you listen to these:
Dance or Die
Cold War
Locked Inside
Come Alive
BaBopByeYa

And also I insist that you click play on this video. Because *creepy whisper voice* "I...am...that...insistent"




2 comments:

under the sky said...

wow that is hella album review. havent heard any of the album but i knoe i love franz ferdinand

i kinda like your playlist

Aniron Orion said...

hahaha...you read this review?

i'm crazy like that

nuff.nang

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...